Monday, October 5, 2009

oil change in 200 more miles.

my parents came to visit me this weekend.. yay! it's becoming harder and harder to find time to go home and visit these days..

after they left, my entire neighborhood lost power for about an hour. no big deal.. i just turned off my laptop, lit a few candles and decided i was gonna do what the amish do and go to sleep early. i also started thinking a little bit more than usual because that's what happens when i'm not staring at a glowing screen all day = ]

i love being with my parents. i don't really notice it but there's a lot of things to think about when i'm living on my own - whether my refrigerator's stocked with things i can easily grab on my way out to work, if my bills are all paid on time, that my car gets an oil change every 5000 miles, i'm scheduled for dentist appointments every 6 months... it seems like at least for a moment, all that load is taken off when i'm with my parents. i guess that's just the mentality i've gotten used to growing up.. as long as my mom and dad are around, i have nothing to worry about.

before they drove up, my mom called to ask me if i still had enough toothpaste.. shampoo.. spaghetti sauce.. socks.. warm sweaters.. hehee

but jesus says, if you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him. i definitely think that my parents fall pretty low on the evil scale but in comparison, christ is infinitely more loving and caring than they could ever be. how crazy is that!? that his love is more deep and more wide than the love of these two people who would do anything for me. my prayer today is that i learn to put even more trust in my god..


things that i love today:
freshly ground coffee
vanilla torani syrup
pandora -playing music like yiruma
spiral bound notebooks

what do you love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment