Monday, February 21, 2011

start with step one


O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; nor do I involve myself in great matters, or in things too difficult for me. Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me. O Israel, hope in the LORD. From this time forth and forever.

Ever read a verse and feel like you're reading it for the very first time?  Actually, this happens more often than I'm proud to say.  I blame my hamster memory for that..  and this one in particular, I blame the fact that Psalm 131 is only 3 verses and separated by a page flip in el biblio.  Whatever the case, I'm still trying to figure out what this little chunk all means in the scope of the madness that is inside me.  Within this twitter length Psalm is a command, a prayer, a comforting promise, and a call for deep conviction -- a bit much to take.  But I think in the end, it'll turn out okay  ..right?

No comments:

Post a Comment