Friday, January 7, 2011

the proverbial new beginning



there's about 12 dozen things in my life that i would like to improve.  for starters, my hair.  someday i'll figure out how to make it look normal.  and whatever i say, dOn't let me get a perm ever again.  among others, my timeliness and adequate consumption of water.

another important thing i'd like to improve is my confidence.  you'd think that having piano recitals every month of my life growing up would help but conversely, i'm more inclined to crawl into my mind of self-consciousness and doubt.   fortunately i think i know the solution to this.  like piano lessons, it takes some finger exercises and grueling etudes. and when it's go time, just do it.  in time it'll get easier, so they say.

and so while i'm at times reluctantly hurdling through things i'd rather hide under the piano bench, it gives comfort to know that this is where god's put me and these experiences will only sharpen the abilities that he's growing in me.

 It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

here's to a new year, new experiences and new things to be thankful for.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment