Monday, October 3, 2011

signs of the times


over these last recent years, there's been a lot of talk, secular and christian, about the end times.  usually they go unnoticed by me.. but sometimes, when the topic turns up in conversation, i realize i have nothing to say about it. the scope of my theological intelligence measures that of a peanut.  sure there are signs that can easily be doubled against biblical predictions ie. earthquakes and other such natural disasters.  but other than that, i dunno.

there are some signs that i cannot deny though.  not signs of the end times.. but signs of the holidays encroaching upon us!  let me list them to you in bullet point format.

  • big spoon's latest froyo flavor is non other than Pumpkin Spice.  YOM
  • my supervisors posted the holiday sign up sheet this afternoon.  and so the dilemma begins: work on a holiday and get paid bank.. or spend time with family?  >__<  bahahaha  jk.
  • walking home tonight, i smelled FIREPLACE!!  or whatever you call that smokey burn chimney smell.
  • i passed up my french landmarks pajama shorts tonight for my flannel moose pants :D
  • water is currently rising to boiling temperature as i type, before it is poured into my mug of hot cocoa powder
you see, it is quite evident from the combination of these signs that the holidays here!  

tomorrow, i hope to put up my christmas lights..

No comments:

Post a Comment